Fiction Friday: Dressed for Death




A week at a luxurious estate in full Regency glam and glitz takes a deadly turn and leads amateur sleuth Drew Fartherling down a treacherous track in search of answers. Putting those he loves at risk and calling into question his own instincts, Drew gets far more than he bargained for during his stay at Winteroak House.

A welcome break from some of the heavier and intense titles I've been reading, I eased through this book in a day and found it satisfyingly mysterious while allowing me to still relax. The characters were charming, and the plot was enticing, swift, and well crafted throughout. While I had my suspicions, a few of which turned out to be at least partially true, I was also equally surprised by several twists and turns up to the very end. 

I enjoyed following Farthing as he struggles internally and comes to seriously doubt his own perceptions and abilities. I felt it gave the genre a refreshing angle.

Having not read previous Drew Fartherling mysteries, I found that it was not critical to enjoy this title. No doubt, followers of the series will not be disappointed. A wonderful title to read on vacation or travel, or when one needs to unwind.



I recieved a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for the purpose of  honest review. All thoughts and opinions in this post are entirely my own.

Get your own copy here!

                                                                   

You might also like...


                               

Comments

Popular Posts