Whippersnapper Wednesday: Everything You Need to Ace American History In One Big Fat Notebook




Ok, so this post is technically an introduction to this book. I have scanned through it, stopping and reading through specific portions that I was especially interested in seeing how they were addressed. 

So far, I am liking what I see. 

As a homeschooling family with kids several years apart, I really like to combine and streamline as much as possible. Some might call me lazy, but I prefer to think of this as homeschool life hacking. I do not see the merit in teaching one kid the same thing over and over and then having to rinse and repeat with the next kid and the next. Instead, I have chosen to wait teaching certain subjects until such time as my bigger kids can both comprehend and learn it at the same time. 

American History is one of those subjects. While both of the kids have individually investigated aspects of American History as they have had questions or curiosities, as a central subject matter, we have waited to dive in deeply. So, guess what is on the homeschool menu for this coming year?

Yep. Real life, in depth American History. 

I am very excited to have this study guide to add to our growing library! 

The format of this Notebook is perfect for acting as the general outline, and giving us sufficient info on the basics while easily allowing us to use other books or materials to dig deeper into particular areas of interest.

I think the colorful breakup, maps, key points, and chapter wrap ups help keep monotony at bay.

My goal is to write another review post after we have finished, including thoughts and favorites from the kids as well. 

I recieved a free electronic copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley for the purpose of review. All thoughts an opinions expressed herein have been entirely my own.




Get your own copy here!

                                                                   


You might also like...

                                           

Comments

Popular Posts