Mindful Monday Review: Uncommon Waters - Women Write About Fishing



See this tattered, weather-beaten, bound volume? 

This is my personal copy of one of my favorite books.


I love that everything about it seems unconventional, after all women don't fish, wouldn't actually like it, much less want to write about it, right?  

So WRONG!!

The voices, stories, poems, and pages of this compilation are rich with just how natural a fit fishing is for the women who love it!

With excerpts, essays, and more from women of all walks of life, varying ages, experiences, and eras, these words tell stories of yearning, discrimination, determination, obstacles, failures, personal tragedy, turmoil, joy, desire, and success. Some are mothers, some are wives, some are daughters, sisters, employee's, and entrepreneurs, but all are women on a journey.

It is my personal opinion that one does not have to be female, nor even like fishing to thoroughly enjoy this collection, but you probably will love it all the more if you do.

I laughed a lot, I hurt with some, I cried with others, and I felt amazing peace with many.

This is a fantastic book to read on a rainy day with a warm mug of tea, on a road trip, or camping out under the stars while your feet remain toasty by glowing coals.

Though published nearly twenty years ago, the relevance is timeless.


AWBB Book Points: ! ! ! ! !  5/5

Click below to get your own copy!


If you like this title, you might also like:

             

Comments

Popular Posts